Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lab 18 - question about BGP Send-Label.



First off thanks to Zayphyoe and Vignesh for helping me with the post just below this one.

And I'm all for Zayphyoe's suggestion of teaming up to study together, that includes anyone who's studying for CCIE SP.

My issue now is, I have everything working for the most pa
rt minus using BGP Send-Label to send MPLS labels across two BGP ASes.

See Diagram Below (or click link to maximize).
- R1 and R9 are BGP route reflectors for their ASes
- R1 and R9 are ebgp peered
When I enable bgp send-label, the R1 to R9 peering breaks and goes only into an Active BGP state and then I don't get my VPNA (which is R4 to R2 connection) on R7 and vice versa.

I don't know what it is about bgp send-label that's breaking this connection in the VPNv4 table, any thoughts?