Friday, January 1, 2010

INE Vol 1 - Lab 17 - CSC IP Only

First lab for Carrier Supporting Carrier (CSC) and it's still not very clear to me on some of configurations. Still got it to work by following the tasks but not as intuitive as the other labs.

I still made the same mistake, although I caught it much faster this time, as in the previous lab. "MPLS IP" was missing from some of the provider links, the control plane (ie. the routing table) look good, saw the BGP route but the forwarding plane was messed up because I couldn't ping.

At least I'm learning.

BGP AS 2 was used as the Service Provider servicing the Customer Service Provider and BGP AS 1 was used as the Customer Service Provider's network. BGP AS 65001 and 65002 were customer CEs connecting to the Customer Service Provider's network.

Within AS 1, I had to use route-reflectors in order to get around the fully meshed iBGP peering rule and another note I had to mutually redistribute on the Service Provider routers supporting the Customer Service Provider before iBGP could be formed. This was asked to be done in the last step.

On to the next one.