Sunday, July 25, 2010

IPX Vol 1 - Lab 25 - Adv. Routing

Task 25.1 - ISIS on multipoint Frame Relay (main interface)

Notes: CLNS operation is different from other routing protocols. Rather then being encapsulated into IP, it operates on the data link layer. Since IP is being mapped across frame, CLNS needs to be mapped across frame as well. This is not an issue when using point-to-point subinterfaces because the frame-relay interface-dlci command sends ALL traffic out the DLCI. Remember to include the broadcast key word at the end.

Config:
R6#sh run int s1/0
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 243 bytes
!
interface Serial1/0
ip address 150.50.46.6 255.255.255.0
ip router isis
encapsulation frame-relay
serial restart-delay 0
frame-relay map clns 604 broadcast
frame-relay map ip 150.50.46.4 604 broadcast
no frame-relay inverse-arp
end

R6#

* Of the Advance Routing in this lab, the only place I stumbled was 25.1.

I'll review my notes for this workbook for myself and then I'll write up a review of IPX Vol1 in my next post and where I think it fits into the grand scheme.